Question

Honor Student
Ayli
Message 1 of 3 (2,694 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scanning multiple pages to one PDF file on HP PHotosmart 6525 printer

I just bought HP PHotosmart 6525 printer and I can't seem to figure out how to create one PDF file from scanning multiple pages.

I checked the web help an this forum and couldn't find the answer.

Once the page is scanned, I'm given an option to save the file. The only other option is "cancel".  After file is saved, I could scan another page, which is saved in a different file. How do I continue scanning other pages without saving it to file?

The settings for scanning as follows:

Item type: Document
Filey type: PDF
The option of saving each page in it's own file is not checked.

I'm using HP software from my computer. I tried scanning the document from the pronter's control panel with the same results. No option of scanning multiple pages.

I'm using Win 7/64 bit. 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (2,701 Views)

Re: Scanning multiple pages to one PDF file on HP PHotosmart 6525 printer

Hi,

Open the HP Software and select Scan a Document or Photo.

Select the PDF option.

Make sure to check the box next to Show Scan Preview and set the resolution as 300 DPI or below.

Click Scan and use the Add pages button to scan additional pages.

Once completing the scan click Save.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Ayli
Message 3 of 3 (2,671 Views)

Re: Scanning multiple pages to one PDF file on HP PHotosmart 6525 printer

Thanks for the reply.

Following your recommendation, I was able to scan the document with multiple pages into one PDF file.

My settings were differ from recommended in two areas:

1. I used 600 DPI setting
2. I didn't have a preview ON.

I find this illogical, to limit me in my choice of the DPI for scanning the document. There were no warning in the software to let me know that if I change the settins to the higher DPI, I will not be able to scan multiple pages into 1 PDF. What if I have a picture or a graphic in the file that I wanted to have a better scanning resolution.

Even the printer's manual doesn't discuss these pitfalls of the scanning software.

In any case, thanks again for reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation