Question

Honor Student
arthurn
Message 1 of 5 (236 Views)

Scanning problems with Officejet 7310xi

I have an officejet 7310Xi.  It worked flawlessly with windows XP.  When I bought a new computer that had Windows 7 the problem began.  I have two computers running windows 7 and one running windows xp.  The printer is networked.  I downloaded the recommended software from hp.  All the print functions work.  But I frequently get error messages when I try and scan particularly if scanning more than one page.  I have tried reloading the software with and without disabling the the anti-virus software.  I tried the hp scanning diagnostic utility with no error found.  The problem is the same on both the computers running windows 7 though they are from different makers, one being hp and have different anti-viral software.  I am very frustrated and very leary of buying a new hp printer for fear of similar problems. Any suggestions?

Teacher
Vishal_Shankar
Message 2 of 5 (229 Views)

Re: Scanning problems with Officejet 7310xi

There are two patches or updates for the drivers in Windows 7. Install and check.

And there are help for this in http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=391189&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&tmp_track_link=....

If it doesn't solve your problem, we'll help.

** If your problem is solved then Mark this as Answer! **
** Please give Kudos If you want to Thank Me! **
Honor Student
arthurn
Message 3 of 5 (219 Views)

When I tried to install one of the patches.  It said it wasn't for any of the drivers on my computer.  The other patch was for when going from VISTA to windows 7.  That isn't my case but I will install that patch anyway.  Will right back later to let you know how it works because the problem is often intermittent.  Thanks though for your help.

Arthur

Honor Student
arthurn
Message 4 of 5 (193 Views)

Installed patches as noted above.  Still am getting scanning errors which are still inconsistent.  Sometimes I can scan one page.  Rarely can I scan more than one page without an error message.  Very frustrating.  Does anyone no if the HP software has known conflicts with windows 7.  And what about newer scanners?  Reluctant to buy a new scanner for fear of the same troubles.  At least I can still work this one with the one computer I have running windows xp.

Teacher
Vishal_Shankar
Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)

Then there is some other problem. Contact nearest HP Authorized Service Center. They'll help you more.

** If your problem is solved then Mark this as Answer! **
** Please give Kudos If you want to Thank Me! **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation