04-26-2013 10:03 AM
Has anyone been successful hooking up 9250c DS to a computer either through the USB port or the Ethernet and using the "scan to folder" option to save on the local hard drive. These devices have been disapproved by our org for sending PII and I may need to set them up to scan to a local computer. I have almost 100 of these to hook up in this manner so replacing them all just isn't an option at this time. Thank you for any assistance in advance.
04-28-2013 08:10 PM
05-08-2013 10:50 AM
Digital Sender's jetdirect has information on scanning as Scan to Folder or scan to Email is configured via web interface of the printer.
I would suggest youuse any Hub/Switch or a router on the network and use any avaailable SMTP servers from Internet service providers or install/configure one on your network.
Its not recommended you connect tyhe network cable directly from printer to computer as it could create more conflicts if the Computer is conencted to network via another NIC of the computer.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax