Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Vue Scan works!  Thanks for info!

HP Recommended

The Apple version of Easy scan DOES'NT  solve the problem

HP Recommended

The only way to get HP to fix it is to buy something other than an HP product next time. Very frustrating. 

HP Recommended

This is absolutely true.  We all forget that we vote with every dollar we spend.  So much of the time, and I'm as guilty as anyone else, each of us buys merely on convenience or lowest price.  This only encourages better marketing, cheaper products,  fewer features, and a lack of corporate responsibility.  Thanks, Pickle, of reminding me and others of this simple truth.  I've only ever bought HP printers, but maybe it's time to look beyond the big box.

HP Recommended

I was able to get HP Easy Scan, Preview and Adobe Acrobat to work with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer only after:

1) Deleting the original HP Scan utility provided by HP;

2) Deleting the newer HP Easy Scan utility from HP that I downloaded today (version 1.5);

3) Installing HP Easy Scan from the App Store (version 1.6);

4) Resetting the printing system (instructions listed on Apple Support);

5) Adding the printer back (System Preferences > Printers and Scanners) and then while adding it, selecting "HP Officejet Pro 8600" from the Use drop-down box instead of the default AirPrint suggestion;

6) Turning my computer and printer completely off, taking a coffee break, and then turning both back on when I returned (computer then printer).

HP Easy Scan now works as well as Preview and Adobe Acrobat. (Please note that I prefer to scan from my computer, not from the scanner's panel.)

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions under this topic! It helped me get going again!

HP Recommended

Hi,

@laurasj

I tried your solution. Thank's.

Work with my MacBook, doesn't work with my MacMini (2014) and my MacPro...weird !

...but, i realize i have made a "clean install" of Sierra on the MacBook and an upgrade on the two others. However i do not plan to make a "clean install" on the MacMini and the MacPro...i have work to do and do not intend to spend my time because of Hp's deficiency.

I, also, use Adobe Acrobat for scanning documents and, like you, I prefer to scan from my computer, not from the scanner's panel.

Vue Scan or web scanning interfaceare  still functionnal on my 3 Mac's.

So, i'll bye Vue Scan which seems to be universal and operationnal on all scanners.

Thank you again to everyone,

PJN

(From France)

HP Recommended

I have an envy 5330 and tried reinstalling the drivers , twice, and also tried the HP Easy scan  and have same error message. I can get it to print but not to scan. Any ideas

sr2000

HP Recommended

Is there any way to get notified when drivers for the "HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276" get updated for macOS 10.12?

HP Recommended

Hi,

@johnnutucats

"Is there any way to get notified when drivers for the "HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276" get updated for macOS 10.12?"

I do not think so...Hp's deficiency is a real encouragement to buy a new printer from an other brand or Vue Scan !

PJN

HP Recommended

Try this for the moment

(I hope the image will show)

HP-work-around15.jpg

Best regards

Lasse

Lasse Martinell
Amber KB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.