Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Today I downloaded Easy Scan. Unfortunately also this program doesn't recognise the printer. So for me there is no working workaround in place yet. I hope HP will have an update available soon.

br, Guy

HP Recommended

HOnor Student, I think the HP Easy Scan works with a multitude of HP Printers, although I am not sure about yours.

It works by placing the to be scanned document on the HP Printer copy screen and then starting HP Easy Scan from your computer.  NOt as eaxy as placing you document on the screen and select Scan to computer from the menu on the Printer!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately also that is not working. I tried already. In one way or another there is no connection anymore between computer and printer. I did my upmost best to solve (restart all the devices, renewed the wifi connection of the devices, ...) but nothing is working.

So I think in Sierra something is changed by apple and HP needs to make an update for Sierra available. I hope this update will also improve the stability of the connection as it broke many times in the past.

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling the HP software.

Go to your applications folder and find the HP folder.  There is a uninstall program in that folder.  After uninstalling, go to the HP web site and reinstall the appropriate drives for your computer and printer.

As to the inability to use the "scan to Computer" feature of the "All-in-one" device, I believe that it is a problem that either HP or Apple will have to work out.  I do not believe there is a solution and have given up.

As to your use of the HP Easy Scan, I am not sure what you need to do, other than what is above.

HP Recommended

First of all I want to thank you for your support. The problem I have to deal with (and in my opinion others as well) is that HP doesn't have a driver for MacOS Sierra yet. I can uninstall the current driver, but I need to reinstall the same driver again, and that driver is for MacOS 10.11 and not for 10.12. I can try, but I assume to face the same problems in the end.

Anyone experience with the uninstall / reinstall part?

HP Recommended

I believe you are correct based on my own attempts to solve this problem.  Uninstalling and a new installation does not solve the problem.  ONly Apple or HP is going to solve this.

Based on the fact that you and I are the only ones blogging about this, my conclusion is that not many have encountered it, or have solved it and not even gon to the blog to research it.

I found a HP site to file a complaint/problem and sent in my problem but have not heard back from them.  I do not know if the HP personnel moniter these blogs so the other approach may be the only way to get their attention.  I cannot remember exactly how to find the site for filing a concern, but I remember starting with their homepage.

Sorry.

HP Recommended

I just contacted HP support (in the Philipines) and the rep trashed and reinstalled the HP printer drives twice to no avail.  Her conclusion was that Apple is trying to incorporate all printer drivers in their OS and that is overriding the HP scan to computer software.

She indicated that nothing else could be done by HP and that I needed to resolve the problem with Apple.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi people. I had a similar issue, but the case was that the software cant be installed beacuse crash when attemp to.

Easy scan, hp software even Readiris 15.

About your problems, the best that you can try to solve issues with scan in mac is the Readiris program, 14 or 15(new version). I hope you all find solution soon. Regards

HP Recommended

Hp printer MFP M277dw, scanning not working with Sierra Update.

Easy Scan 1.6 not working on my MAc after Sierra update

HP Recommended

I just talked at length with an adviser from Apple who  after  a lengthy session researched the problem and discovered that Apple is aware of the problem and it has been added to the list of items to be adressed in a future update.

So use the HP easy scan until that happebns.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.