Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

None of the suggestions have worked.  I downloaded the software from HP, then the Easy Scan App and still, can not save my scans to my Mac.  As all of you, I have the new Sierra and it seems HP just wants us all to buy new Scanner/Printers.

I found a work around which is a PIA... I just scan, as I cannot save my scan, I use the screen copy and save it.  Pretty sad way to get a scanned document.

HP is not supporting the new Mac OSX Sierra, yes, they lie!

HP Recommended

Screen copy wil not be of very good quality as it will very much depend of the sceren resolution and zoom favtor: there is imho a better work around. From thr scanner app, just "print" and select "save as PDF".

For the rest, I have a lot of empathy for your statements and feel equally frustrated. Not onoy has HP just decommissioned a number of nice features for the printers like HP ePrint, ...but there are not even doing the decent effort of testing for Sierra printers that are barely 2-3 years old!

HP Recommended

One of the main problems is that I can't see my scanner driver in System Preferences. I can see the driver for my HP LaserJet but not the G2710 scanner

HP Recommended

The only element that I can ajust in preferences is background colour and rotate left or right so this oprion clearly does not work for me.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my photosmart C5180. Only "print" works.

Is there any action item from HP known?

HP Recommended

I'm also unable to save a scan to my mac after the Sierra update. I innitate the scan from the mac, then I can see the scanned items but when I choose Send, Folder, the Save option on the popup is greyed out. If I click on File, all of the options on the drop down menu are greyed out. I'm using (or would be using) a Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dn. I'm probably going to try using timemachine to roll back the update today then reinstall later once the bugs are all worked out. Hope it works.....

HP Recommended

MFP M277dw. MacOS Sierra.

Scanning from Preview application not working.

Scanning from Easy Scan 1.6 not working.

Scanning from the printer 'Scan' tab in Printers & Scanners preferences not working.

Basically, scanning does not work. The printer goes through the motion (scanning bar lights up and moves) but no scan appears.

HP Recommended

I havve the same problems.

I have found that HP Easy Scan 1.5.0 works fine but you have to initiate the scan from your computer, not the HP device.

I managed to talk to Apple about the subject and after much conversation, they concluded that Sierra in fact did not support the Scan to Computer feature from HP Devices.  I was contacted today by Apple and they have a Tech who is supposed to call me to obtain additional details regarding the problem.  I will describe my problem and also refer her to this series of Messages.

Good Luck.

HP Recommended
Great job contacting apple. We all hope they listen?
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Contacted HP by email but still waiting for a response. 

Hope that Apple comes thru. They seem more interested than HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.