01-11-2012 08:33 AM
I have an hp officejet J4680 all-in-one printer. My computer runs Vista. I am trying to scan a document by pressing scan on the printer. It says Scan to when I hit ok I get an error that says No scan option. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. I have no idea how to use the scanner on this thing. The printer part is the only part I have ever used and it works great. I have the printer hooked up wirelessly.
01-11-2012 08:35 AM
01-11-2012 08:37 AM
No Scan Options is a message that can occur when there's a communication issue between the computer (scanning software) and the scanner itself. Please click on the link below to follow some simple diagnostics for this error on your computer. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
An extremely helpful tool is the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility (SDU). It can be used to diagnosed and resolve commone scanning issues such as the error you are receiving. Please click on the link below to download and save the SDU to your desktop. Then run the utility and let us know if we can be of further assistance! http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" .....
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax