02-21-2010 11:54 AM - edited 02-21-2010 11:58 AM
I recently recieved this All-In-One for Christmas. I have printed and copied with it but I haven't scanned anything with it. I have it hooked up to my HP G60-247CL Notebook. It has Windows Vista Home Premium.
How do I scan something with this printer?
Thanks for any help
02-22-2010 08:56 AM
I have the Deskjet F2180 which should have some similarity so suggest you start by copying something.
Place the document or photo face down on the scanner and press the copy button, Eeasy Mmmm
You don't say what software you are using. i use Adobe Photo shop Elements for Photo's etc and in that you select File > Get Photos > Scanner (obviously with something in the scanner) and away it goes. Couldn't be easier.
11-09-2010 01:14 PM
i am an old man and not very computer and add ons knowledgable and i have bought a hp discjet f2480 and cannot scan my grandsons pics. unto my computer. can anyone help.
08-31-2011 01:03 PM
Did you install the CD, or just the drivers?
The full features of the printer can not be accessed without the entire software package being installed.
After that, just access the HP Solution Center icon, and select Scan.
The file (jpeg) is normally saved to a folder within Documents. The folder is named "My Scans" (in Vista).
To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. You can render both Solution and KUDO.
The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me KUDO and/or Solution, and I perform better.
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers