Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I scan by using the scanner's screen interface without having to install HP's software? I am on a work computer and don't want to get permission to install extra software. Can't I just use windows fax & scan or enable the webscan to be utilized from the device's interface?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @lickthecowhappy

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Yes, you can use Webscan (with the IP address of the printer).

Similarly, you can also use Windows Fax and scan.

For info on how to use Webscan, the following relevant resource would be useful :

Scanning from Chromebook

https://goo.gl/fH4F1R

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

This isn't exactly what I'm asking for. I have a stack of papers to scan and I want to be able to just hit the scan button and then switch to the next paper so that I don't have to go back and forth from the computer in one room to the printer in another room. Is there a way to do this without the software?

HP Recommended

Hi,

For scanning from the printer front panel you must install the Full Feature HP Software, otherwise only basic scan capabitieis are offered via Windows Fax & Scan or Webscan as listed above.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks @ShlomiL

Hi @lickthecowhappy

Shlomil is absolutely right, you will need to install the FULL feature sofwtare if you want to use the "Scan to Computer" feature.

Looks like the options for you would be to use the Webscan or the Windows Fax and Scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.