Question

Honor Student
GreatOldiesDJ
Message 1 of 6 (1,496 Views)

Software Alternative to the NEAT Scanning System

Hi,

I just purchased the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. It seems like it is going to be a good printer.

I have also been thinging about one of the NEAT document scanning and filing system.  I am wondering if there is software available to use with the 8600 that will allow me to scan, file, and search bills, receipts, etc. instead of purchasing a NEAT system.

Thanks.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 6 (1,491 Views)

Re: Software Alternative to the NEAT Scanning System

I'm not sure if there is any software that can do what you are asking for, but if I can find any I will let you know.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
GreatOldiesDJ
Message 3 of 6 (1,490 Views)

Hi and thanks for the reply,

Since I posted I have found a program called FileCenter that looks like it will do the job.  I think I have to connect the 8600 to the computer that is running FileCenter (with a USB cable) because FileCenter uses the TWAIN driver.  I plan to download the evaluation software to see how it works.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 6 (1,489 Views)

I'll keep that program in mind for the future.  If FileCenter is using the TWAIN driver, it should work USB or wireless.  The TWAIN driver is what all HP scan function go through whether wired or wireless.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
dboyo
Message 5 of 6 (252 Views)

Is anyone aware of a good software program that does what Neat Works does, only without so many software problems?

Honor Student
Brer_Rabbit10
Message 6 of 6 (154 Views)

I'm just starting with Neat on a Mac and doing the scanning on an 8600.  The process is slow and I can't seem to find a way to scan multi-page documents into a single PDF.  What problems have you had?  I'm still in the evaluation phase and may return it for a refund if it's not acceptable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation