07-30-2010 12:38 PM
My computer is AMD Phenom II X4 64 bit with Windows 7 64 bit and my scanner is ScanJet G4010 (L1956A)
I've installed Windows 7 on my computer. Then i've downloaded and installed new software (setup_full_g4000_3) and driver (setup_basic_g4000_3) for windows 7. Installation seems to be successful but when I open "HP Solution" and click on "scan document", return an error message that tells me is missing 'hpg4000' and to insert the disk with the same name. Also if I try to use "HP Photosmart", the application even starts.
I tried to perform both a custom and default installation and also an install with antivirus disabled.
However, the system sees the scanner properly and everything works if I scan using windows7 tool.
How can I fix this annoying problem?
I hope that everything is clear ..... I apologize for my English .....
Thanks in advance!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers