10-28-2011 02:16 PM
Every time I go to HP Solution Center to scan, the Solution Center error message comes up saying "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is unavailable. Insert "Solution Center" disk and click OK." It automatically fills in a "1" on the USC Source blank. Then a new message comes up
"Solution !" an installation package for the product Solution Center cannot be found. Try installing again using a valid copy of the installation papckage "Solutioncenter.msi"
Thing is, the program is installed and scans perfectly well. This message just keeps coming up and I have to X it 6 or 8 times every time I use the scanner.
I have the CD labeled HP Photosmart C4500 series, but not one labeled Solution Center
10-29-2011 10:53 AM
I am not sure which exact model you have but if you go to this link and click through your model type and operating system you can get t oa driver download page for your device. Prior to doing that I would completely remove the HP software on your machinge and then reload the software from the web which is usually up t odate. I would also remove all HP folders, files, and any vestige of HP on your computer and then reload the software from the web. Good luck!
01-04-2012 02:37 PM
If you are still having this issue try using the HP Printer Install Wizard. Installing the printer drivers using this utility sometime resolves this issue. The download link is listed below.
Uninstall the printer software first before trying this utility.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
01-11-2012 11:24 AM
okay, i have this same problem following an update...I cannot remove all hp software files because i have an hp computer with an hp operating system...which files are my printer files?? I have an HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One. Do you think updating the driver would fix it? Should I get rid of the last update? Use recovery?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers