Solution Center error (2683 Views)
Student
Shug2
Message 1 of 5 (2,683 Views)

Solution Center error

Every time I go to HP Solution Center to scan, the Solution Center error message comes up saying "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is unavailable.  Insert "Solution Center" disk and click OK."   It automatically fills in a "1" on the USC Source blank.  Then a new message comes up

"Solution !" an installation package for the product Solution Center cannot be found.  Try installing again using a valid copy of the installation papckage "Solutioncenter.msi"

Thing is, the program is installed and scans perfectly well.  This message just keeps coming up and I have to X it 6 or 8 times every time I use the scanner. 

I have the CD labeled HP Photosmart C4500 series, but not one labeled Solution Center

Teacher
WayneZ
Message 2 of 5 (2,673 Views)

Re: Solution Center error

I am not sure which exact model you have but if you go to this link and click through your model type and operating system you can get t oa driver download page for your device.  Prior to doing that I would completely remove the HP software on your machinge and then reload the software from the web which is usually up t odate.  I would also remove all HP folders, files, and any vestige of HP on your computer and then reload the software from the web.  Good luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?tmp_product=HP+Photosmart+C4500+series&tmp_qt=driver&subm...

"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
Student
NolaBD
Message 3 of 5 (2,589 Views)

Hey..did this 2 times and still get same message. what now??

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 4 of 5 (2,483 Views)

If you are still having this issue try using the HP Printer Install Wizard. Installing the printer drivers using this utility sometime resolves this issue. The download link is listed below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-100441-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Uninstall the printer software first before trying this utility.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
bikerma
Message 5 of 5 (2,456 Views)

okay, i have this same problem following an update...I cannot remove all hp software files because i have an hp computer with an hp operating system...which files are my printer files??  I have an HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One.  Do you think updating the driver would fix it? Should I get rid of the last update?  Use recovery?

thanks,

ma

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation