01-25-2009 04:37 AM
Is there any way we can take full advantage of the Readiris OCR application in C5280? I've been wasting my days trying to convert pics to text with the provided software - which is not very helpful to people who want to KNOW what they are doing, as opposed to someone who just want to click next and have results - but I have no luck.
My point is: can I use readiris or whatever OCR HP is using now separately? Outside HP's slick-but-unhelpful interface? I used to have a Scanjet 2400 and the Readiris was properly installed in the PC and usable, but now this... I am thinking of cancelling the purchase in Amazon because I just need to have full control of the recognition of text, I want the software to learn letters like the Readiris Pro 8 used to, I want to select what text is to be recognised and what's not...
This automated thing is really unhelpful. Does anyone know a solution? Like (in my dreams, perhaps) being able to download Readiris Pro 11 for free since am unhappy with the in-built version or something? Is there anyway I can work on the OCR software provided by HP properly?
Thanks a million for the help! Oh, this is so annoying... I love HP but never thought I'd be disappointed like this...
08-30-2011 07:17 AM
I cannot scan or copy on my C4580 as I am being asked for an installation package that uses the .msi. Looked everwhere without success. Can anyone help?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers