Question

Honor Student
RafaelR
Message 1 of 2 (1,715 Views)

Terrible automatisation of Photosmart C5280 (all-in-one)

Hi,

Is there any way we can take full advantage of the Readiris OCR application in C5280? I've been wasting my days trying to convert pics to text with the provided software - which is not very helpful to people who want to KNOW what they are doing, as opposed to someone who just want to click next and have results - but I have no luck.

My point is: can I use readiris or whatever OCR HP is using now separately? Outside HP's slick-but-unhelpful interface? I used to have a Scanjet 2400 and the Readiris was properly installed in the PC and usable, but now this... I am thinking of cancelling the purchase in Amazon because I just need to have full control of the recognition of text, I want the software to learn letters like the Readiris Pro 8 used to, I want to select what text is to be recognised and what's not...

This automated thing is really unhelpful. Does anyone know a solution? Like (in my dreams, perhaps) being able to download Readiris Pro 11 for free since am unhappy with the in-built version or something? Is there anyway I can work on the OCR software provided by HP properly?

Thanks a million for the help! :smileyhappy: Oh, this is so annoying... I love HP but never thought I'd be disappointed like this...

Student
Rosslyn
Message 2 of 2 (449 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4580 (*.msi) Where can these files be found on the HP Support System

I cannot scan or copy on my C4580 as I am being asked for an installation package that uses the .msi. Looked everwhere without success. Can anyone help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation