05-21-2011 12:41 PM
If you are having trouble scanning from your HP networked printer (wired or wireless) AND you use Trend Micro antivirus software, a Hot Fix has been posted.
Download and install the Hot Fix from:
After you install this Hot Fix, restart both your computer and your printer.
Typically, this problem manifests itself by the scan failing to complete after completing 75-90% of the scan, locking up the printer and the computer.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers