Question

Top Student
carlcomputer
Message 1 of 20 (5,156 Views)

Twain Scan Error Message

[ Edited ]

running Windows 7, issue with Twain scan error: 4,[2,0,80040154),(0,0,0,),(3,56,0)]   Printer is the HP Officejet Pro Model L7580  HP# (C8187A) SN: {Private Information Removed}

I have downloaded: OJProL7x00 full_14 software for Windows 7 - 64 three  times now and continue to be told software failed to provide Twain Scan driver.  How can I get what is needed so printer will scan documents off the glass when requested via the PC?

Printer will not scan from computer or from printer panel.  The disk I originally received with the printer is for Windows XP.    I did us the HP program that removes all HP software and I did re boot before reloading software.  I need Help!

Carl

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 20 (5,134 Views)

Re: Twain Scan Error Message

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
carlcomputer
Message 3 of 20 (5,132 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

After downloading and running Scan Doctor again , I got the same message "A required component was not installed or was inproperly installed.   Reinstall the HP Photosmart software..............."    The green check list stopped at HP Twain Scan in the list and again gave me the same message I have viewed numerous times.    It appears there is something wrong with the Twain Scan portion.  Is it not installing this or is something blocking it?

After I pressed , skip scan, it completed the test and told me:  Everything is ok with the scanner except for the portion I skipped.   This just takes me around in circles.   Guess I never should have updated the software.

Carl

Top Student
carlcomputer
Message 4 of 20 (5,100 Views)

Still waiting for a reply...........this was the result of last suggestion.

Thanks for the reply.

After downloading and running Scan Doctor again , I got the same message "A required component was not installed or was inproperly installed.   Reinstall the HP Photosmart software..............."    The green check list stopped at HP Twain Scan in the list and again gave me the same message I have viewed numerous times.    It appears there is something wrong with the Twain Scan portion.  Is it not installing this or is something blocking it?

After I pressed , skip scan, it completed the test and told me:  Everything is ok with the scanner except for the portion I skipped.   This just takes me around in circles.   Guess I never should have updated the software.  --- the previous version of the HP software worked fine.   How can I get a copy of that?   It was also for Windows 7.

Carl

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 20 (5,084 Views)

carlcomputer,

Try using this utility to uninstall the software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-79477-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Then this link for your drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=2512...

Let me know the results, Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
carlcomputer
Message 6 of 20 (5,080 Views)

Every time I receive a response, I'm advised to try what I have already tried.  I and many others with the same problem just keep getting the run around. 

The printer works.  It prints and it scan using programs like "Paint".  It works off the control panel on the printer.  Everytime I reinstall software using the software HP decides I need, everything works except the scanner via the computer which is cable connected to the printer...........no USB.

What I need is someone to tell me how to get rid of the Twain Scan Error.  Something prevents this from installing or installing properly, and it is not me.  Take a look at all the people with the same problem using different model printers.  Do a search and see how many more you find...........and its all HP.

Why don't you techs sit around a table for an hour and resolve this. It would save me 10 - 12 hours of accomplishing nothing.

I said what I think.  I hope the next response resolves this issue.

Carl

Top Student
MacBolt
Message 7 of 20 (4,968 Views)

I've had the same problems. What I found was some of the printer drivers were not getting deleted. The "scrubber" link that HP suggested is useless. After deleting the Office Jet Pro software, you need to go into device manager and open everything up and look for L7780 drivers...delete them. Make sure all icons and links to the printer are completed deleted in the system. I also use Revo Uninstaller...but be careful as Revo takes no prisoners...so be cautious. Once you are sure your system is clean for all L7780 printer info/software, reinstall the "full 14" software. I have it save in my system in a "download" file. It all should work...at least mine is for now. I had the same problem over a year ago...then the same frustrating BS started all over again. I'm just a "user" with a different view of the war with these printers.
Top Student
carlcomputer
Message 8 of 20 (4,956 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I was very hopefull that your solution would work, so I gave it a try.  Have to admit I had given up all hope and started relying on Paint program when scanning.   Why HP software doesn't work is a big mystery.  The answer is probably --- no one cares.

Well, after doing the deleting etc. I reinstalled the software AGAIN, and this is what I got:

hp printer failure -- again.jpg   Everything works except the scanner from the pc.  It works off the control panel of the printer and using Paint.  By the way, you mention L7850.  I am using this software:  OJProL7X00_Full_14.  for my model L7580 printer.  None of the deleted files referenced L7580.  Any references to model were L7500. 

I look forware to a solution.                Carl

Top Student
MacBolt
Message 9 of 20 (4,952 Views)

That error report is the same that I had a year ago.  I found something that another user had discovered and it worked.  My recent error report (with same no scanner results and frustration) is different.  When I go home tonight I will see if I can find the solution.  I try to keep copies of things that work...cut and paste it on WORD then save.  The process was simple...once you knew what the process was.  Give me a couple of days and I will see if I can find the problem solution document.

Mac Bolt

Top Student
carlcomputer
Message 10 of 20 (4,951 Views)

I sure would appreciate your doing that for me.  I have been living with this issue since last November.

Carl

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation