Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At suggestion of HP Support, I downloaded and installed "newest" drivers and software for my ENVY 7640 AIO ...now the "Scan To PDF" shortcut will no longer allow me to toggle between one and two sided scanning. I would appreciate any help/insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works - whether the 2 sided scan option is there?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/mod...

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

These relevant resources should show you how to scan 2 sided:

HP Officejet Pro 6960 series : Scan a 6 pages 2 sided document using the ADF

HP Officejet Pro 6970 series : Scan a 10 pages 2 sided document using the ADF

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply.

As you instructed, I uninstalled the software and removed the hardware (ENVY 7640) from "Devices and Printers."

I then downloaded the FULL featured software to "My Downloads" and kicked it off from there then  completed the installation process.

I then launched the software and selected "Scan" which brought up the scan UI. The first listed scan shortcut on the left is "Save as PDF." on the right where it says 1-sided there is a drop down arrow which will ONLY show 1-sided and not provide a 2-sided selection. The scanner works just fine from either the bed or the ADF but it's just one sided. I really need to scan 2-sided which I realize is only sourced from the ADF.

I uninstalled the software again and this time downloaded and installed just the basic driver software in hopes I could get 2-sided but aqlas, it's the same propblem.

Please let me know if you can help in any way and I appreciate your assistance!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works - whether the 2 sided scan option is there?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi ...Thank You very much! There is the two sided option in "Scan Extended." I successfully did a 12 page 2-sided scan!

I admit to a curiosity that makes me wonder why this feature is not in "FULL" latest driver/software for the ENVY 7640.

Anyway, I am very happy to be back in business and again THANK YOU for your help!

Dennis

HP Recommended

Hi Dennis,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

The  "HP Scan Extended" is finally a solution for the two sided scanning problem.   It's obvious that the latest "upgrade" of the All in One printer software has a major bug.  It no long provides the two sided option.  I hope that HP can get this fixed soon, but in the meantime, I will use HP Scan Extended to do my scanning.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.