Question

Honor Student
daltsdad
Message 1 of 6 (1,808 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to activate Scan to Computer on OfficeJet pro 8500 A910

Unable to activate "scan to computer" on HP OfficeJet Pro 8500. Used to be able to. It is not even a choice on the printer assistant. I uninstalled completely and then reinstalled. It worked until i rebooted. I can scan fine from the computer but not from the printer. Running Windows 7

Honor Student
daltsdad
Message 2 of 6 (1,804 Views)

Re: Unable to activate Scan to Computer on OfficeJet pro 8500 A910

This is all I get with the Printer Assistant. No Scan options. I can see my computer from the printer but when i try to scan, it tells me i need to activate scan to computer. But there seems to be no way to do that.

HP OfficeJet 8500 A910 Capture.jpg

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 3 of 6 (1,776 Views)

Unable to activate Scan to Computer on OfficeJet pro 8500 A910

Hey daltsdad,

It looks like you have the older version of the software for this printer. There was an update that was released not long ago that may be missing from your system. Please uninstall the software for the printer and re-install with the link below:

8500a downloads
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
daltsdad
Message 4 of 6 (1,763 Views)

Thanks. All is working well... so far :-)

Student
manar_shanqiti
Message 5 of 6 (1,420 Views)

Hello everyone.. im having the same problem!! my HP Officejet Pro 85500A A910 won't scan to computer - says "no computer found" although computer can find the printer.. as i understoof, i should enable Activate to Scan function but yet i cant find where to do this.. please help

Student
CDE-7150
Message 6 of 6 (1,164 Views)

I too experienced this same problem on the same type printer!  I figured out that I had old printer software (I've been using HP Scan (i.e., scan to computer) initiated from the computer which has always worked, but I wanted to get scanning to finally work from the printer control panel)!

Newer HP software doesn't get automatically downloaded!  Solution: do what you need to do to get to the webpage entitled "HP Officejet Pro Basic Print and Scan Driver", then click DOWNLOAD to load Version 28.8 released 2012-10-22 (the latest present version).  Note:  I had to turn my Windows 7 firewall off for the download and software installation to work.  Also, you don't need to delete any HP driver software to load newer versions!  Afterwards, starting program HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 will show a much improved screen with various print, scan, and fax selections!  Particularly note the Manage Scan to Computer selection which updates your printer control panel so it shows what you expect when pressing Scan, then Computer on the printer control panel!  Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation