Question

Student
gio07
Message 1 of 2 (1,316 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to make copy and scan on HP Deskjet F4180 all-in-one printer.

[ Edited ]

I cannot make a copy and scan on the glass surface of my HP deskjet F4180 all-in-one printer. The printer says error in the copy menu and red light flashes on color and black. However, I am able to print from my laptop and a message would pop up in my laptop stating ink cartridges (color and black) are placed incorrectly. Checked ink cartridges, both are in their proper places and snapped in place. Need help...please.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (1,297 Views)

Re: Unable to make copy and scan on HP Deskjet F4180 all-in-one printer.

I found this document that decodes what the blinking lights mean.  There are a lot of different codes discribed,  but I found one titled 'Issue: One or both of the Check Print Cartridge lights blink' which seems to be whats going on with your printer.  Basically it's saying the cartridges are out of alignment or defective.  If the document doesn't help clear it up, let me know and I'll see what else I can find.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation