02-14-2009 10:30 AM
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
02-15-2009 07:27 PM
Reply linked me to a site for a bzillion fixes thru a site that wants money; I'm cheap; was hoping HP had a fix worked out by now, for nothing. Vista's not that new that there hasn't been time to get adaptions built for all its products. Can't see making a lot of good equipment obsolete, even with the poor economy we're supposed to be in....
Anybody got a really free fix?!
02-15-2009 07:58 PM
There are no free solutions that I am aware of in getting older HP scanners to work under Vista_much the same scenario when XP came out.Manufacturers hope to sell more new hardware with each new OS release, so most don't write new drivers.
At $39.95 Vuescan is cheaper than buying a new scanner, and highly rated:
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
02-16-2009 07:39 PM
08-25-2009 01:15 PM
I've succeeded in installing my Scanjet 4400C, by means of a trick... on Windows 7 rtm 32bit and now it's perfectly working again
I've posted this 'know-how' here : http://www.fixya.com/support/t1278979-scanner_not_
I think it's the same for Vista 32 bit Regards
09-23-2009 02:27 PM
Hi I've just re-uploaded this driver http://rapidshare.com/files/284070093/Hewlett-Pack
Nete: the scanner doesn't work with Windows7 scan software, but only with its software and Vuescan! . I've installed this scanner in three PCs, under Windows7 , with the same results ! Regards
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers