Question

Student
KCLDMJN
Message 1 of 6 (16,470 Views)

WHERE DID MY SCANNED DOCUMENT GO WHEN I SAVED IT?

OFFICEJET 6500 E710a-f

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 2 of 6 (16,467 Views)

Re: WHERE DID MY SCANNED DOCUMENT GO WHEN I SAVED IT?

Hi KCLDMJN,

If you're using the Solution Center (on Windows), the default location would be C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Scans, or you could look on My Pictures folder.

This article may also help - Scanning with HP Software in Windows

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Honor Student
strwbrry77
Message 3 of 6 (16,464 Views)

Vista- HP Officejet 6500 Wireless

Documents do not appear in the /myscans file...they disappear. Actually they are never there to begin with! HP support suggests a download to fix the issue....

"When scanning with HP Solution Center, you can scan a photo or a document, but HP Solution Center does not save the scan to your designated folder. The Scan button on the product’s control panel might not operate correctly. This issue occurs in Windows 7, or when using a version 13 print driver in Windows XP or Vista."

After downloading and opening the above fix, window opens saying "This update does not support any of the HP drivers that you have on you PC. You do not need this software update."

All available updates have been installed. I am stumped.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 4 of 6 (16,463 Views)

Hi again!

Sorry to hear that the update didn't work. Have you tried checking the firmware of the printer if it's SYM2FN1126AR? This is the updated one. Download here - HP Officejet Firmware

To check the version of your current printer firmware, use either one of the following options:

HP Utility

1. Activate HP Utility.
  2. Click on Device Information under "Information and Support" category.
  3. The current firmware version will appear in the Device Information tab.

Printing a Self Test Diagnostic Page

1. Press Setup, select Reports, then select Printer Status Report.
  2. The Self Test Diagnostic Page will be printed.
  3. The current firmware revision will appear on the printed Self Test Diagnostic Page.

There might also be a possibility that the driver is missing if it's not saving to the default folder. You can download the latest software thru Software & Drivers (see top of page. You can also uninstall and reinstall here.

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Student
Lorradem
Message 5 of 6 (13,782 Views)

I have an HP F4480 and I can not find my scanned documents

Honor Student
rcindallas
Message 6 of 6 (1,468 Views)

I have this problem also with HP DESKJET 3520  combo printer  scanner.  What are the instructions for opening up the scanner properties so I can find out where it puts things?  I don't even see my printer/scanner listed as a scanner in my devices. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation