Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP has released a cool new app for scanning on Windows 8.  If you have a copy of WIndows 8, you can download HP Scan and Capture from the Microsoft Store or by clicking on this link:

http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-US/app/hp-scan-and-capture/94fffdd0-bb3b-4adc-96ca-24c1d79e16c6

The official list of supported devices is:

HP Color LaserJet CM1410
HP Color MFP 100
HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series
HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series
HP Deskjet 3070 B611 series
HP Deskjet 3520 series
HP Deskjet 4620 series
HP Deskjet 5520 series
HP ENVY 100 D410 series
HP ENVY 110 series
HP LaserJet 200 color MFP M275
HP LaserJet 200 color MFP M276
HP LaserJet 400 MFP M425
HP LaserJet M1530
HP LJ300-400 color MFP M375-M475
HP Officejet 4620 series
HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f
HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z
HP Officejet 6600
HP Officejet 6700
HP Officejet 7500 E910
HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910
HP Officejet Pro 8600
HP Photosmart 5510 series
HP Photosmart 5510d series
HP Photosmart 5520 series
HP Photosmart 6510 series
HP Photosmart 7510 series
HP Photosmart Plus B210 series

Please try it out if you have one of the supported devices and let us know what you think!

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
@JeffJSmith That answer was more geared toward @mbrown2104. You should be able to scan by using Paint or Windows Fax and Scan. If the software for your printer and scanner aren't available, that is the only way you can scan. The document below will walk you through how.

http://goo.gl/BcHvB
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

188 REPLIES 188
HP Recommended

Oh, nice, really cool !

Thanks for bring it 

Regards,

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

To bad for me.  I don't have a supported device.  I have a Photosmart 8180.  When can I expect support for my device from HP?

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 6500 710q (I think it's q).  This app doesn't even see the device, though. 

HP Recommended

Could it be that the App isn't there for me - I am in the UK, and I don't get any chance to install from the Store (or from your link).

Best regards,

Jeff

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n and it does not find the printer.

HP Recommended
Will it work with hp 3512 printers
HP Recommended

It seems a shame that neither my printer (Photosmart 7550) or my scanner Scanjet 5670 are supported by HP on Windows 8.  The scanner works fine with Windows 8 itself, so I just don't understand why HP can't support it with the App.  It is part of the 'losing the way' that HP has been great at - and not supporting existing customer in a quality way is another example.  It just makes you think 'well, they don't care about me, so ...'. 

Having said that, I expect to buy an Envy X2 soon, I am just hoping that it lives up to its heralded positive features. 

HP Recommended
@mbrown2104 I'm sorry, but no. Your printer is not on the list of supported printers for this app.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Well, I don't consider a solution telling me something that I know.  I would class a workround, and therefore something useful, as a solution. :generic:

But, thanks for the reply anyway ...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.