Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When working with the HP Scanner software, prior to Windows 8, I was able to MIX the source of my documents, meaning I could put all the standard size docs on the document feeder, scan them, and then ADD non-standard sized documents, one at a time TO THE SAME PDF, from the scanner glass.  The Windows 8 Scan and Capture software seems to make me pick one or the other.  It was SO convenient, when doing my expense reports, to be able to scan 15 pages or so using the ADF, then use the glass for all of my receipts that were small or damaged.  Am I missing something, or is the Win8 software more limited?  Thanks for any help you might provide!!

HP Recommended

how do I download windows fax and scan to windows 8?

HP Recommended

Hi johnnathan, 

Windows Fax & Scan is installed by default on Windows 8.    From the main start screen, just type "windows fax & scan" and it should show up in the search listing.

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

problem is my computer with windows 8 does not recognize the HP printer/copier/scanner i am using.  computer only recognizes another HP p/c/s which i am not using at present.  how can i make connection with present HP?

HP Recommended

Hi jonnathan,

I recommend creating a new post under "Scanning / Faxing" forum, and give more details on exactly what computer you are using, what model of HP AIO device you are using.    Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest web-downloadable version of software for your device.    I'd also recommend running the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to see if it can help.

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

thank you - will try that

HP Recommended

Not even almost good enough. My parents are doing their best to stay connected and have bought a HP Deskjet 1510 and a laptop that, unfortunately, runs WIndows 8. I installed the app, which cannot find the device (which is connected by a USB cord and does not have wireless connectivity) and then read that the app does not do that.

They bought a product that says it can scan. It can, but this is not supported. This kind of practice is common practice for HP (google planned obsolience & HP printer catridges) and has completely put me off this brand forevermore.

Shame on you all. In a perfect world, you would all be in prison.

HP Recommended

I have a printer in the support listing.   Recently my HP scan and print icon on my computer has stop working.  No change in operating system or my network. 

When I click on the icon the app appears to be starting and it does not.  Instead the icon in put on the task bar and the app does not start.

HP Recommended

Hope you can help. I used HP Scan and capture to on my windows 10 PC to capture a page from a text book I used capture Documents. The image I captured and saved (PDF) was unsharp, with a slight yellowish cast.  I am trying to solve a low vision problem and was hoping I could convert the PDF image file to a text file. Then save it in notepad or similar where I could increase the fount size and make the lettersBOLD.

If anyone has done this successfully, please let me (us low vision folks) how you did it.

Thanks,

Bill

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.