Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an Officejet Pro L7780.  I cannot find any retained records of Faxes that I have sent nor does it indicate that a Fax has been successfully sent.
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
press the Setup Button, go to 'Print Reports' and press OK, and select Fax Log and Press OK. if it's not there, then look under the Tools menu. i dont have the front panel menu with me right now so i really cannot give you a perfect location of where to find the Fax Log option. it should print out all info about faxes you sent and recieved,
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

hi, you can perform this one to print fax logs that has been sent successfully:

>press setup button on the control panel of the printer

>scroll the menu by pressing the arrow down to highlight PRINT REPORT, then press ok

>scroll the submenu to highlight FAX CONFIRMATION, then press ok

>under FAX CONFIRMATION, you will have these options:

• On Fax Send
  • On Fax Receive
  • Send & Receive

-once you selected ON FAX SEND, the printer would print automatically the report that sending of fax is ok!, But if you dont want that the printer to print this fax confirmation to save inks, you can check the fax log sent using the HP Solution Center

>launch the HP Solution Center by clicking the icon on your desktop

>click settings menu

>then select FAX Settings

-------

tell me if you are able to see them

regards,

kiko

Kiko
HP Recommended
You instructions were fine.  But I wanted to view the log on-line or on the HP viewer and not have to print it out each time.  I have not been able to do that.
HP Recommended

I do not have an HP Solution Center, but I do have an HP Device Manager.  However, when I go into the HP Fax Setup Utility, the logs for sent and received faxes are blank.  But I can print out the logs directly from the Officejet Pro, so I know something is there.

When I try to go into Send Fax, it is greyed out and freezes up.  I have to use a ctrl-command-escape (a ctrl-alt-delete for you PC people) to actually get out of the  application.

HP Recommended

same problem . go to solutions center click on fax log cannot get the info

HP Recommended

Great! Works fine.

Wish I could see this on my PC instead.

HP Recommended

How do I get more than the last 30 faxes?

HP Recommended

On HP Solutions Center:

Click Settings/More Fax Settings/FAX log

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Under OS: C (yours may be different) the HP, Digital Imaging, HP Officejet Pro L7700 series (or whatever you have), select the applicable number, then, lastly My Faxes 

Then look over what is there and see a date that you are looking for.  Mine are saved as Windows Picture viewer for some reason. I think this can be changed, at least it could be on Windows 8.  I have not done it yet in Windows 10.  Before I had it set up to save in a folder in My Docs.  I have to try to do that again in Windows or check the Solution Center for info.

Currently, when I find the actual document that I faxed, I copy and paste into Work to work with or Adobe Acrobat.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.