Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a new HP Deskjet 3051A with a scanner.  I just tried to scan a normal piece of paper and tried several times only to have the same result each time.  It scans, but when I open the image on my computer, only about a quarter of the scanned document is shown.  How do I change this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,
The default scan workflow configured to scan 6 x 4 inch picture. Make sure to change the scan settings not to crop the scanned area as following:

If you use Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), make sure to install the Critical Update below, otherwise skip to the next step:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41827/mp-101648-1/HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg

Now change the settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and followed your directions and now it works great.  Thank you so much Kudos to you!!!!

HP Recommended

I followed all the directions to install the software update and the update consistently failed to load 4x. Not sure what's wrong. I have an old MacBook Pro, admittedly, but I updated my operating system when I got a new hard drive and I'm using OS X 10.6.8, which, according to the HP site is compatible. Any ideas? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Oops, caught my own error. I need Lion O.S. at least 10.7. What to do now??

HP Recommended

No, wrong again. The software update says it's compatible with 10.6 OS, and I finally was able to install it. But, when I follow the directions you give here, I get t the step final step and I get this window: "Scan to computer cannot be enable" then it says: "The HP software required for Scan to Computer could not be located on this computer. Please download and install the latest HP recommended software for your device from http://www.hp.com/support, and then try again."

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.