Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5610 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all.

I too lost my HP Solution Center and with it the capability to scan using my HP OfficeJet 5610 printer. Tried several times to reinstall the drivers, that also did not help. 

So, to all of you out there who have the same problem... 

Windows 10 comes with a lot of Apps. Many of them are free. Click on the Store icon and search for 2 Apps called "Scan" (surprise, surprise..) and the other one is "HP Scan and Capture". Both of these Apps are FREE and both give you back the lost capability of the Solution Centre. They work great and allow you to choose between documents, pictures, pdf and more.

Good luck

Rami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum. 

Please find the following relevant video that shows you how to "Uninstall Windows 10 updates" and also to "Hide updates" to prevent Windows from installing the update in future!

Windows 10 - How to Uninstall & Hide updates

https://goo.gl/3tWxyA

Hope that helps!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi!

I installed all the two apps without success.. they can't found the scanner  :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Many Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for advice, just downloaded "HP SCAN & CAPTURE" (Free), running Windows 10, and using PHOTOSMART C4580, and it seems to work ok.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this solution:

>Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar. It will show an option in the Control Panel.

>Click on the shown option.

> Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize dropdown.

> Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.

> Once uninstalled, Solution Centre should work.

Do take note of this advisory from Microsoft though:

Summary

Microsoft has released a security advisory for IT professionals about vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in the following web browsers:

• Internet Explorer in Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, and Windows 10 version 1511
  • Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 and Windows 10 version 1511

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3132372

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement.

HP Recommended

It worked for me.  I tried for hours before finding your post.  Need to tell Microsoft about it

HP Recommended

Recently purchased a new Lenovo All in One Desktop PC with With Windows 10, after installing HP Software for my HP Photosmart Premium C309a successfully, however the HP Solution Centre would not load. I spent 3 days unstalling and re installing software, even spoke with HP call centre without any recommendation other than than your printer is 5 years old buy a new one!!!

I got fed up and went and PURCHASED A NEW EPSON ET 4550 at £360!!!

Altghough the print quaility is better than the HP C309a, I found the scanning software very basic.

I dedcided to have another go at installing the software and after further reasearch discovered 2 solutions.

Solution 1 download HP Scan and Capture, this works fine.

Solution 2 Uninstalled Microsoft Security Patch by typing "view installed updates" in the windows 10 search box botton left corner, select security update for microsoft windows (KB132372), and an unistall option will appear.

Click Uninstall

Reboot your computer

Hey Presto HP solution Centre works perfecly on WINDOWS 10

Please read http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3132372

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please find the following relevant video that shows you how to "Uninstall Windows 10 updates" and also to "Hide updates" to prevent Windows from installing the update in future!

Windows 10 - How to Uninstall & Hide updates

https://goo.gl/3tWxyA

Hope that helps!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement

HP Recommended

Hi,

Microsoft has since released a new update to fix this issue.

Solution Fix: 

Please download and install the following update KB3133431 from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431

Note This update is available through Windows Update only. (Automatic updates need to be turned on)

1. Click on the Start Button, select "Settings" and then select "Update & security"
  2. Under "Windows Update", select "Advanced options" 
  3. Under "Choose how updates are installed", select "Automatic (recommended) from the drop down menu.

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Perfect solution and easy.  I can now scan my documents to adobe. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.