Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a new ThinkPad which is Windows 10. I have had no problem with printing and copying. However, I am now unable to scan. I have followed all the instructions on your website with HP Print and Scan Disk Doctor. It shows all clear but still won't scan. The printer says there is a SMTP error. I have been unable to set up scan to network folder as well. All of the windows 10 help pages on your website say "Error 404: There is no content available."

Can you help me with this? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Regarding the SMTP error, what email service did you try setting for the outgoing email profile? what settings have you used?

Regarding the Scan to Network Folder, is your user is password protected or not?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.