Question

Honor Student
hprice
Message 1 of 18 (85,927 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 software for Scanjet 5590

I have a new computer running  Windows 7 x64 and a new scanjet 5590.  The software that came with the scanjet will not load on my computer.  I cannot even force a 32-bit  (x86) load.  Does anybody have any idea when HP will get around to releasing software compatible with Windows 7?   After reading DGL's posts, I wonder if all I got is another version of the IBM boat anchor.
Student
bberg0512
Message 2 of 18 (85,760 Views)

Re: Windows 7 software for Scanjet 5590

My advice to you is to get rid of it.  I have purchase this scanner model back in Nov 2005 for 430$CAD and have been swearing at it ever since.  Paper jams from the ADF. driver issues under XP, Vista and now Win7 (App freeze).  All in all, I have nothing but regrets for purchasing this scanner.  I would have gotten a cheap flatbed and it would have done the job since the ADF keeps jaming.  Get a refund or resell it now!!!

We also have one at my work place and guess what, the tray for the ADF isn't there.  Gee, I wonder why...

Top Student
visitor2010
Message 3 of 18 (85,443 Views)

Win7 drivers can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=377691&lang=en&cc=us&...

I have had this scanner for a couple years and have had no problems.

Honor Student
thanhdqr
Message 4 of 18 (83,908 Views)

Thanks for share but some error when you uses this driver for win 7 untitled.JPG

Student
LynB
Message 5 of 18 (78,297 Views)

Loading the full feature software & Driver for Windows 7 and the HP Scanjet 5590 did not work.  I tried a couple of times, uninstalling everything in between each time. There were no icons on my desktop to run the software as with the HP DIRECTOR.  I am using Windows 7 Home Premium on a new HP Pavillion Laptop LV698PA.  I first started by loading the software from the original CD but when I clicked on the HP DIRECTOR Icon I was informed there were compatibility issues.  After many hours I am back at square one.  My scanjet has worked well for many years so how do I get it to work with my new computer and Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) ?? 

Honor Student
spam-man
Message 6 of 18 (77,592 Views)

Hi Lyn, I also had the same experience that the fix above did not work for me (I am running a Dell Studio laptop).

I have just spent 6 hours on a live chat with HP, and eventually we got an alternative fix.  Apparently, some computers will not load the new software cleanly due to local security settings.  What we had to do was this:

i) Download Install the original version 9.0 of the software here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15...

ii) Installed the TWAIN driver from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15...

iii) Once that has been installed.  Then reinstall the latest version over the older version.  The latest version for your system can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=377691&lang=en&cc=us&...

This got my scanner working (finally!)

If this doesn't work for you, try the live chat feature on the HP website:

http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/customer/HPInstantsupport.aspx?&cc=us&lang=en

Hope this helps,

Mark

Student
chuomkhen
Message 7 of 18 (68,361 Views)

i have promblem with installing HP scanjet 5590 for window 7 32 bit

so i need driver to install 

Student
Vupe
Message 8 of 18 (67,589 Views)

have a similar situation, is it windows 7 that is not good or its scanjet 5590? please help

Honor Student
hprice
Message 9 of 18 (67,575 Views)

The latest version of the software on hp's website seems to load OK.  My current problem is the duplex feeder does not work.  I got one replacement under warranty from hp and that worked for about 4 months before it started jamming when feeding the reverse side.  Now the feeder jams continuously!

I am currently looking for a reasonably priced replacement.  I fail to understand how hp can develop a duplex feeder  for 2 sided copying on my laserjet, but can not transfer that design to reasonably priced scanner.  The printer feeder has not jammed once since purchased.

Student
Lessius
Message 10 of 18 (65,860 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem getting the administrator question even logging in with the Administrator ?? Did sombody got a solution?

First installing an older version also gives problems - not possible to install because operation system is not supported ??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation