Won't copy from glass (801 Views)
Student
pdobrick
Message 1 of 5 (801 Views)

Won't copy from glass

All of a sudden (had no problem previously) I'm not able to scan from the glass. I keep getting a  message: Document Feeder jam asking that I reload the document and restart....I'm not using the feeder...It won't see there's a page on the glass....I never changed any of the other settings....Very frustrating....

HP
Super_Dave
Message 2 of 5 (770 Views)

Re: Won't copy from glass

Which model printer do you have?  It sounds like the paper sensor in the automatic document feeder might be stuck.

I am an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
WILLIAMBURY
Message 3 of 5 (701 Views)

I have the same problem as the original correspondent. I am in the process of setting up my new Photosmart Premium Fax C410 series and I am told that there must be a paper jam, I have never copied anything on this printer before except a scan to my computer. The paper just does not feed until I get the message and then the paper is discharged from the printer with no copy made! The paper is in the lower tray not the ADF

Super_Dave wrote:

Which model printer do you have?  It sounds like the paper sensor in the automatic document feeder might be stuck.

Student
michema
Message 4 of 5 (675 Views)

I am having the same problem...how can it be fixed?

Student
1fredupuser
Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)

I too can't copy from the glass and have had the problems listed in all the previous posts! I have had one problem after another with this printer. I had a Dell printer for over 10 years that works still with no problems!  If HP's products are as good as they say they are, why are they not willing to offer free support? If it is a good product there should be few problems that need support. Got off the phone with Tech support and if it is not still under warranty will have to get a new printer! Only had this for about 2 or 3 years and already had to have a new part put in ( still under warranty then!).  Now this! We got an HP computer recently and that died as well soon after the warrenty went out! NEVER GETTING HP AGAIN. Learned my lesson and will share my dissappointment with anyone who is considering HP products!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation