Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I recently upgraded  to a newer computer with Windows 7 installed.  I was running XP.  My HP Photosmart 7510 was loaded into my new system and seems to work perfectly for everything else but scanning.  The message shows that it is not connected but when I ran a HP diagnostic (HP Printer Install Wizard)  it clearly states that it is connected to my computer.  What is the next step please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Very interesting, the situation does not match 2 cases from my machines (one installed from CD and one installed from downloaded file). In my previous reply, I uesd the first machine. Now please download the following file and run on your machine (machine must be connected to the internet):

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-115766-2/hppiw.exe

At the end, you should see something like the following image from All Programs:

7510e.png

You should be able to scan when click HP Scan

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

By default, the connection is disabled. Pleae let me know where is the driver/software coming from (from CD or downloaded) I can show you how to turn the connection on.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  The software was downloaded from a CD.  When I was on XP it worked perfectly so I can't understand why it won't work now.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Very simple: XP is not Windows 7. Please try these steps:

(a) Click the printer icon on desktop,

(b) Click Manage scan to computer,

(c) Click Enable

You may also want to click the last square too BUT this will pump out a message when you turn your machone ON and the printer is OFF.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you again and sorry for the delay in replying to your suggestions.  I clicked on the printer icon on desktop and a screen came up with four titles.  I clicked on the one dealing with scanning and another screen popped up with two choices - scan docs or manage scan.  I clicked Manage Scan to Computer and the screen then said that my computer is enabled!  Wrong.  I did a test scan and got the same message telling me that my computer wasn't connected.  I'm not sure about clicking another small box because nowhere is there a little box showing and I didn't come across any.  I checked out every possible heading and read every line but couldn't find anywhere where it gave me a choice to enable of disable the computer.  Still confused.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Very interesting, the situation does not match 2 cases from my machines (one installed from CD and one installed from downloaded file). In my previous reply, I uesd the first machine. Now please download the following file and run on your machine (machine must be connected to the internet):

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-115766-2/hppiw.exe

At the end, you should see something like the following image from All Programs:

7510e.png

You should be able to scan when click HP Scan

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you - thank you- thank you.

I am now in business.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are most welcome.

BH

HP Recommended

New Windows 7 computer connected to HP Officejet Pro 8500.  Printer works fine but WON'T SCAN.  It says "no connection," but it prints fine and receives faxes.

HP Recommended

Hello cynthiacb,

I saw your post and that you are unable to scan on your new Windows 7 computer.

First I would recommend running HP's Print and Scan Doctor, which will tell you if the software is fully installed, and if it is, will correct printing and scanning issues. If the software is not fully installed, I will post a link below for you to install the full feature driver and software.

The full software is required to scan.

Print and Scan Doctor

Full Feature Driver and Software Download

I hope this helps you!

Good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.