Question

Honor Student
Oldie70
Message 1 of 10 (1,493 Views)
Accepted Solution

Won't scan to computer- says its not connected.. HP Photosmart 7510 printer.

I recently upgraded  to a newer computer with Windows 7 installed.  I was running XP.  My HP Photosmart 7510 was loaded into my new system and seems to work perfectly for everything else but scanning.  The message shows that it is not connected but when I ran a HP diagnostic (HP Printer Install Wizard)  it clearly states that it is connected to my computer.  What is the next step please.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 10 (1,481 Views)

Re: Won't scan to computer- says its not connected.. HP Photosmart 7510 printer.

Hi,

By default, the connection is disabled. Pleae let me know where is the driver/software coming from (from CD or downloaded) I can show you how to turn the connection on.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Oldie70
Message 3 of 10 (1,476 Views)

Re: Won't scan to computer- says its not connected.. HP Photosmart 7510 printer.

Thank you for your reply.  The software was downloaded from a CD.  When I was on XP it worked perfectly so I can't understand why it won't work now.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 10 (1,471 Views)

Hi,

Very simple: XP is not Windows 7. Please try these steps:

(a) Click the printer icon on desktop,

(b) Click Manage scan to computer,

(c) Click Enable

You may also want to click the last square too BUT this will pump out a message when you turn your machone ON and the printer is OFF.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Oldie70
Message 5 of 10 (1,460 Views)

Thank you again and sorry for the delay in replying to your suggestions.  I clicked on the printer icon on desktop and a screen came up with four titles.  I clicked on the one dealing with scanning and another screen popped up with two choices - scan docs or manage scan.  I clicked Manage Scan to Computer and the screen then said that my computer is enabled!  Wrong.  I did a test scan and got the same message telling me that my computer wasn't connected.  I'm not sure about clicking another small box because nowhere is there a little box showing and I didn't come across any.  I checked out every possible heading and read every line but couldn't find anywhere where it gave me a choice to enable of disable the computer.  Still confused.

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 10 (1,449 Views)

Hi,

Very interesting, the situation does not match 2 cases from my machines (one installed from CD and one installed from downloaded file). In my previous reply, I uesd the first machine. Now please download the following file and run on your machine (machine must be connected to the internet):

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-115766-2/hppiw.exe

At the end, you should see something like the following image from All Programs:

7510e.png

You should be able to scan when click HP Scan

Regards.

BH
Honor Student
Oldie70
Message 7 of 10 (1,431 Views)

Thank you - thank you- thank you.

I am now in business.

Provost
banhien
Message 8 of 10 (1,393 Views)

Hi,

You are most welcome.

BH
Honor Student
cynthiacb
Message 9 of 10 (1,205 Views)

New Windows 7 computer connected to HP Officejet Pro 8500.  Printer works fine but WON'T SCAN.  It says "no connection," but it prints fine and receives faxes.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 10 of 10 (1,162 Views)

Hello cynthiacb,

I saw your post and that you are unable to scan on your new Windows 7 computer.

First I would recommend running HP's Print and Scan Doctor, which will tell you if the software is fully installed, and if it is, will correct printing and scanning issues. If the software is not fully installed, I will post a link below for you to install the full feature driver and software.

The full software is required to scan.

Print and Scan Doctor

Full Feature Driver and Software Download

I hope this helps you!

Good luck!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation