Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

You can scan without any drivers for hp network printers. Here is the video how to do that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWpgww5I-M

Happy Printing.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

48 REPLIES 48
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip about running the setup via a browser. I am using Linux so the supplied disk was not compatible.

However, the 5510 scanner still cannot see my computer when I attempt to scan using the touch screen.

It can scan to copy and to an SD card so sneaker net still works but I would like to get it to work on the network.

I imagine I need a driver but which one and how do I get it?

Using the browser setup pages I can scan from the computer even though it says there is a network error.

John.

HP Recommended

I tried the workaround solution but I am using a HP6500 E709n and the settings available are very limited. For example when you go to Scan the only options you have are Color Picture, Color Drawing, B&W Picture or TEXT with no other options. In all cases there are no options to specify what level of scanning DPI or what type of output you want. The scanning works BUT in all cases the default file is JPG. I would have thought that a Text file should be PDF.

HP Recommended

Have you tried the drivers from the HP site below?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=311258&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=&lang=en&cc=us

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. The off site wizard only offers drivers for up to Ubuntu 12.10; I have 13.04. Also it doesn't list my 5510 printer so I aborted the download.

HP Recommended

I will try this as soon as I figure out what the IP address is for my printer.  I assume, since it is connected to my HP computer, that the internet address is the same ....????

HP Recommended
what is the IP address for my printer?
HP Recommended

The solution works except that it is limited to a single page plus you don't have the option to select the ouput format. To me the solution is to get the driver for the printer working properly as it did when the product was first purchased.

I thought that the problem was limited to Windows 7/8 but I now find the same problem is happening running under XP.

I think the solution is to buy a non HP product where there is some form of assistance offered by the vendor as I am finding that HP isn't interested.

HP Recommended

To read your printer's IP address, just tap the "Wireless" button on the printer screen.

HP Recommended
is it available for hp laserjet m1136 mfp for scanning using apple macbook
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.