10-11-2013 06:33 AM
very thanks for this useful video!
12-14-2013 02:22 PM
Tried for hours to get the icons/scanner to work with my HP deskjet 1050 drove me mad!!!.downloaded updated to 8.1 from 8.0 and it now works fine.
I still dont like windows 8 ..........I have never had an issue with new OS...but this is just sluggish.8.1 improves it a little but they have done this by reverting back which proves a point
01-11-2014 02:26 PM
I've followed the instructions to try to get scanning to work on my Deskjet 3055A. But I hit a problem when I click on the Administrator Settings link. Just get a message "Internal System Error" and cannot progress from here. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
02-18-2014 08:46 PM
This does not work for me. I get the screen with all the information relating to the printer, but when I click on either the "WebScan" icon, or the "Scan" button, I get a message that reads "You cannot use this feature because it has been disabled. For more information contact your network administrator, or the person who set up the printer. I am the network administrator & the person who set up the printer. It is for my home. I did not purposely disable this feature. I don't know why the scan feature is disabled. Can you help me scan?
04-20-2014 05:33 PM
I tried the scan by going to the web for the scanning but cannot access the security to set to allow me in. What can I do?
05-05-2014 11:22 AM
I can get the document to scan and can even attach it to an email, but the email will not send. Has anyone else had this issue?
05-15-2014 01:08 AM
You may try the following options:
1. Looks like the connection is not proper, then get "HP Print and Scan Doctor" from the link below and run to trouble shoot:
2. Alternate option to do Scanning:
a. Scan to Memory device, you can use your sd card or thumdrive to perform scanning.
b. Scan using EWS, go to Embedded Web Services i.e. key in your ip address on the browser and you can enter EWS or You can find it via. -> Device and Printers -> Click on your printer -> Click Printer Home Page (EWS)
- Select Scan -> Web Scan
3. Re-install the printer using your inbox SW or download the latest SW from www.hp.com after deleting / uninstalling your current driver.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
05-31-2014 05:07 PM
I tried this way on my Envy 5530, on macintosh Macbook Pro and onWindows 7. It worked until I wanted to save the image to computer. On Macbook the instructions is " right click to save" - but there is no right button on Mac. So what do? On windows the file is not send and the save just fails. So what to do?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers