Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You are so right. So far, this is the only solution I have found that works.

HP Recommended

How to find the IP address of your printer -- for the HP 8600 All in One  -- from the actual printer itself -- press the arrow on the screen until it scrolls to Set Up.

At the Set up option press the down arrow until you see Reports.

Next to Reports -- Press the little triangle that is supposed to be an arrow.

You will see Network Configuration Page -- press that option.

Press print.

You may get two pages. Don't stress.  Look for the Page that says HP Netowrk Configuration Page and  IPv4 on that page.  You will see IP Address.  It will be all numbers with periods to separate them like    xxx.xxx.x.xx

This part sounds crazy but it is true -- type the numbers including the periods directly into your web browser and hit enter.  Do not use the www or https.  Just the numbers with the periods separating them.  Suddenly you will be able to see an incredible page that is really easy to use.

When you scan your document, you may have to right-click to tell the software where the save your scanned documents and in what format -- jpg or pdf.

If you use the automatic feeder for scanning, it will only scan as a pdf file.

Hope this helps. If it does please click the icon so others can find this solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this. I have an HP ePrinter running on a Chrome OS and I was getting super jealous that my windows using family members could scan to PC and I couldn't 😛

HP Recommended

EXCELLENT!!!

This solved a problem for which I thought there was no solution, because I was trying to scan to a Chromebook. I found very little elsewhere, except for a reference to scanning to the web, but nothing on how to actually do it.

Chrome OS, Chromebook, and ESPECIALLY HP wireless printer documentation should contain the information.

Thanks very much

HP Recommended

Fantastic!! Thank you sooooo much!

HP Recommended

I had to scan this way with my last HP scanner after it decided to stop working.  Now my new (1 year old) HP Officejet 6600 is not scanning or copying.  I hope I don't have to go back to using the web scans because for some reason the quality is not as good.  

HP Recommended

I just bought a envy4500 e-print printer last month. It all worked great on day one, with the install of drivers, it scanned, it printed, it connected to the wireless network and printed from my cell phone, and my wife was able to send it an e-mail from the Philippines and that printed just fine too. Now it won't connect to scan, or print, to my PC, and I have it connected to the PC directly with a USB cord. If HP can't resolve their driver issues soon, I will take this thing back and get my money back, as this is absolute crap. I should not have to find a work-around to resolve their crap driver issues and so on. This is the first Hewlet-Crappard(yes I spelled that right) product I've bought in a very, very, very long time, because of their not so wonderful proprietary issues where they want their crap connected to their crap. I run a custom built PC, have been for years, built many of them. I didn't have this problem with any other hardware attached. I only bought this printer because it was the cheapest one on sale at the time, for Boxing Day. My old Epsom died after 10 yrs, that says something for their quality. 10 yrs out of a printer is pretty good, and oddly enough, the scanning feature still works, so I'm stuck using that, slow as it is, at least it functions without having to find a work-around. I'll be trading this crap in very soon, HP really needs to work on better support, and not charge a small fortune for it, as well. If your products have these problems, support should be free, not charge us per use or per month.

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the tip.  However when I log into the printer IP based setting page I dont have the scan or settings options as described in the video.  I have a LaserJet PRo m177fw multi function printer.  There does not appear to be a option for webscan.  Additionally I am not able to scan from the HP all-in-on remote app on andorid.

I am very disappointed that these basic scan functionalities, which were available on my older brother printer 4 yrs ago, does not seem to be avaialble.  Yes in hindsight I should have done more reserach before purchasing rather than assume this basic function was included.

Any chance there are firmware updates in work for the m177fw to impliment this functionality?  The older outgoing m175 was able to do this, so I am hopping this might still be coming.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thankyou, thankyou!!!!!!!! I spent so much time wasted, uninstalling, reinstalling this that and everything else without success. Simply trying to scan a document to my computer.

Tried to scan to USB but scanned as JPEG and couldn't change it, until now.

Why don't HP put these solutions on their "help page"???! 

What they've currently got didn't help me at all!

You are a genius!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Still doesnt help those of us with dedicated scanners that HP is abandoning. Even though I can still buy this scanner at OfficeMax.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.