Question

Honor Student
greglw
Message 1 of 4 (723 Views)

all-in-one officejet 7130

Recently I have been getting "scanner failure... turn off...."error. I have tried all solutions in your knowledge base, including the resets, but they don't work. I can print docs submitted by my computer, but trying to *copy* docs will give me the error. Also, if I turn on the printer and don't submit the print job within 30-60 seconds, the "scanner failure" error will come on. Thanks for your help.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (717 Views)

Re: all-in-one officejet 7130

Have you tried a harder reset - turn off the printer, hold the # and 6 keys while and just after turning it back on?

If this does not work, try a hard reset - same thing but with # and 9 keys.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
greglw
Message 3 of 4 (712 Views)

I had tried the #3 and #6 before. I just tried the #9, this didn't work either. After I initiated the #9, I set all the localization parameters as instructed, then I waited for the alignment pages to be printed. When I returned to load the alignment page, I saw the familiar "Scanner Error..." message on the LCD display. One other thing I noticed is that before the error message comes up, I can hear the printer making a "ka-chunk" sound every few seconds. The printer shudders a bit each time this happens. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Student
rdavis
Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm having the same problem.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation