Question

Honor Student
karen85254
Message 1 of 5 (3,189 Views)

black lines on faxes and copies

I have an HP Officejet j5750 fax/printer/copier machine.  when I copy from the face place, all is great.  when I use the document feeder to copy or fax, I get two black lines the length of the copy or fax.  I have cleaned the cartridges, and heads, but this did no good.  any suggestions?

Student
VikingRick
Message 2 of 5 (3,167 Views)

Re: black lines on faxes and copies

I have the same problem.  During warranty they replaced the unit.  Second one is only 3 months old and it now has the same problem, but it has the original warranty date and it has passed.

Student
landmaster
Message 3 of 5 (3,153 Views)

Had the same probem on my Officejet j6480 only when using the document feeder.  The problem was there is a piece of either dust or a spot of ink on the white bar that it reads against as the document passes through.  Opened the top cover of the document feeder, lifted the scanner lid, lift the part of plastic the document is fed around (only lifts about 1/4").  You then can see a white bar that goes across the scanner.  I used a q tip dipped in water to rub the bottom side of the white bar, mainly in the middle where the dark lines appeared on the copy.  When the white bar is only white there will no longer be black lines on your copy.  Good Luck!

Honor Student
karen85254
Message 4 of 5 (3,117 Views)

My thanks to your responses.  I opened the feeder top, cleaned off the white bar, and cleaned the glass plate the white bar covers.  This resolved the problem, and I now have beautiful clear faxes.  THANKS AGAIN FOR YOU HELP>

Student
dolphco
Message 5 of 5 (2,846 Views)

I have a Officejet J5750 and have a 1/8 inch black line down the fax and copy pages when I use the document feeder.  I have cleaned the white plastic strip on the document feeder and the glass surface which it contacts.  I still have the black line on the copy's.  What pray tell do I do next.  HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation