11-24-2010 12:26 PM
I have an HP Officejet j5750 fax/printer/copier machine. when I copy from the face place, all is great. when I use the document feeder to copy or fax, I get two black lines the length of the copy or fax. I have cleaned the cartridges, and heads, but this did no good. any suggestions?
11-26-2010 03:58 PM
I have the same problem. During warranty they replaced the unit. Second one is only 3 months old and it now has the same problem, but it has the original warranty date and it has passed.
11-27-2010 02:07 PM
Had the same probem on my Officejet j6480 only when using the document feeder. The problem was there is a piece of either dust or a spot of ink on the white bar that it reads against as the document passes through. Opened the top cover of the document feeder, lifted the scanner lid, lift the part of plastic the document is fed around (only lifts about 1/4"). You then can see a white bar that goes across the scanner. I used a q tip dipped in water to rub the bottom side of the white bar, mainly in the middle where the dark lines appeared on the copy. When the white bar is only white there will no longer be black lines on your copy. Good Luck!
12-02-2010 09:18 AM
My thanks to your responses. I opened the feeder top, cleaned off the white bar, and cleaned the glass plate the white bar covers. This resolved the problem, and I now have beautiful clear faxes. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOU HELP>
04-26-2011 05:35 PM
I have a Officejet J5750 and have a 1/8 inch black line down the fax and copy pages when I use the document feeder. I have cleaned the white plastic strip on the document feeder and the glass surface which it contacts. I still have the black line on the copy's. What pray tell do I do next. HELP!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers