Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Worked for me!  Thanks, my sales associates were getting very perturbed.

HP Recommended

Hey folks this is usually an easy problem to fix.  If you have any contamination on your document feed window it will give you a black line on any copies fed through it.  The solution is to clean your small rectangular window directly under the document feeder.  You may actually be able to see the contamination, but often times it is either too small or translucent to be seen by eye.  Use some glass cleaner and a lint free rag to clean this little glass (and the big glass while you're at it) and run a sheet of paper through to soak up any residual cleaning solution. 

If this doesn't fix the issue, you may have a scratch on your glass which requires a replacement. 

Hope this helps!

Although I'm an HP employee, the comments I make on this forum are my own opinions.
HP Recommended

I am having the black vertical line problem and nothing seems to work.  I opened this link but it is just a blank page under support details.  Is there somewhere else I am supposed to go on this page for a possible solution to my problem.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You may have tried all of this, but take a look at this document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01658811

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

This worked PERFECT on my HP 6500 Wireless.  The only little "blip" I experienced was after I cleaned the small glass area.  The printer wouldn't accept any paper via the document feeder.  I thought maybe I didn't get it closed all the way.  I tried opening/closing it several times.  Finally, I turned off the power.  When I turned it back on, it worked just fine and my black line was gone. THANK YOU!  🙂

HP Recommended

WOW! It worked...by the way I love eHow.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HP Office Jet 8500 Pro Wireless.  I attempted to use the solution given for the 6500 but the configuration is different.  Please help...  This is hurting my small business. 

HP Recommended

See if the steps in this document help:

Lines on a Copy 8500

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

Tried cleaning that little scan window three times. (Brand-new HP 6500A Plus.) It's still making a dark line down the middle-right of every scan. Highly unprofessional! I'm annoyed and at a loss.

HP Recommended

Alrighty, I cleaned the glass in the page-feed place again (three times) and blasted it again with canned air (three times), and the line is finally gone. I hope it does not reappear. This had not happened at all with my old printer, even after eight years! 

Thanks for the cleaning tips. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.