03-09-2010 12:52 PM
When using the feeder on my HP 6500 E709n, I get a black vertical line down the center of the page. This shows up on all outgoing faxes as well as any time I copy or scan. It does not happen if I lay the originals directly on the glass, only when using the feeder. I am new to this forum (or any forum for that matter), but I have looked at posts regarding similar problems with other models, but have not found a solution. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to find an answer?.... Thank you!!
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: black vertical line when using the feeder on my HP 6500 E709n
03-12-2012 10:26 AM
see post of 9-20-11... you have to carefully pry up the feeder cover to reveal the slot the auto feed scanner uses and clean that...
03-10-2010 10:08 AM
I would check to make sure there is nothing blocking the light path where the paper feeds through the ADF. This could be some paper, plastic, etc. That is causing a black line because there is something blocking the light to the paper. I would think that if it was a problem with the CCD of the scanner, there would be a black line when scanning from the glass.
03-10-2010 02:40 PM
Thank you for your reply. I've almost turned my machine inside out trying to see if there is something in there causing this problem, but have found nothing. I'm still getting the black line. Any other ideas, anyone?
03-12-2010 04:02 PM
I will forward this to some of the hardware engineers (sorry, it has to be next week), and see if they have heard of this issue.
03-14-2010 07:45 PM
I get it to only when using the feeder. It appears that the black line is caused by the bar that moves across when making a copy. It is very aggravating for my small business. I need a fix or repair from HP to prevent this from happening. What can be done?
03-16-2010 06:43 AM
I found this article on eHow. Does this help fix the problem?
03-17-2010 09:53 AM
Here's a hp link that describes the problem and the solution. It would be great to know if this fixes your problem or not.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers