09-20-2011 12:28 PM
Re scan lines using ADF - The lines are caused by dust/debris on the hidden scan area under the Auto Document Feeder. to fix open document feeder (hinged on left side) revealing the feeder drive. carefully pry open lower bracket on front left to release bb size horizontal plastic post whcih allows u to lift feeder mechanism up to see the scan area.... don't try to remove all of it just lift up to see scan area for adf. Clean with q-tip, swab, canned air, etc... close up...
09-27-2011 03:56 PM
Omg yes!! it worked!! I was calling everywhere and was about to pay 150 for them to come out...but its a glass strip about 11 in by 1 in right next to the main glass, and all you have to do is wipe it clean and the line is gone. Thank you so much. It helped me enormously
09-29-2011 04:38 PM
I am having the exact same problem with my HP 6510 Officejet All-in-One -- seems to be a document feeder problem -- it doesn't appear when I scan or copy from the glass. I have cleaned all the rollers per HP's instructions for this model. I fear it needs a replacement document feeder. I have also tried resetting the machine per instructions to no avail. I've had this machine for 4 years or so and it has worked fine except this problem showed up about 4 months ago!
09-30-2011 03:17 PM
For your model cleaning the glass is suggested. Take a look at this document, maybe it will help:
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
09-30-2011 09:28 PM
HP instructions are useless. For lines in docs thru the auto feeder you must clean the glass under the auto document feeded per previous post.
10-21-2011 04:53 PM
You pointed me here to the perfect answer. I think most people with this issue probably suffer from the same thing - something on the feeder glass. I did not know how to get inside my machine far enough to FIND that glass until I came across your instruction. Thanks for providing the answer! As soon as I opened the lid and saw the glass, I could see the black speck that had caused all my problems! Now everything is fine, thanks so much!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers