Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Just cleaned small rectangle window with windex & cloth, black line has gone.

Thanks for a simple fix.

HP Recommended

Re scan lines using ADF - The lines are caused by dust/debris on the hidden scan area under the Auto Document Feeder. to fix open document feeder (hinged on left side) revealing the feeder drive. carefully pry open lower bracket on front left to release bb size horizontal plastic post whcih allows u to lift feeder mechanism up to see the scan area.... don't try to remove all of it just lift up to see scan area for adf. Clean with q-tip, swab, canned air, etc... close up... 

HP Recommended

Omg yes!! it worked!! I was calling everywhere and was about to pay 150 for them to come out...but its a glass strip about 11 in by 1 in right next to the main glass, and all you have to do is wipe it clean and the line is gone. Thank you so much. It helped me enormously :generic:

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with my HP 6510 Officejet All-in-One -- seems to be a document feeder problem -- it doesn't appear when I scan or copy from the glass.  I have cleaned all the rollers per HP's instructions for this model.  I fear it needs a replacement document feeder.  I have also tried resetting the machine per instructions to no avail.  I've had this machine for 4 years or so and it has worked fine except this problem showed up about 4 months ago!

HP Recommended

For your model cleaning the glass is suggested. Take a look at this document, maybe it will help:

Lines

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

HP instructions are useless. For lines in docs thru the auto feeder you must clean the glass under the auto document feeded per previous post.

HP Recommended

You pointed me here to the perfect answer.  I think most people with this issue probably suffer from the same thing - something on the feeder glass.  I did not know how to get inside my machine far enough to FIND that glass until I came across your instruction.  Thanks for providing the answer!  As soon as I opened the lid and saw the glass, I could see the black speck that had caused all my problems!  Now everything is fine, thanks so much!

HP Recommended

how do I ge rid of the black line- occures only when I use the automatic feeder

not when I print or put paper on the glass

HP Recommended

see post of 9-20-11... you have to carefully pry up the feeder cover to reveal the slot the auto feed scanner uses and clean that...

HP Recommended

what is bb size? 

I have the same problem, and am not too sure how to get to the scan area for the ADF

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.