Question

Student
gunnerJ
Message 1 of 9 (1,553 Views)

c5180 scan or copy

When i scan or copy a picture or document small fine horizontal lines appear thoughout the copy.If i am copying in black the lines are black but if i am doing a color  copy the lines are all different colors.This only happens when i copy or  scan.If i print a picture or  document from the computer there is no problem.I have done a semi-full reset. I can copy with no problem for three or four times then the fine black lines come back.

Student
schaubgj
Message 2 of 9 (1,468 Views)

Re: c5180 scan or copy

Similar problem here.  Random lines throughout the scan or copy.  Blank page scan shows it perfectly and I will try to paste an image below.  Any thoughts?

scan0002.jpg

Honor Student
Andy_Schmidt
Message 3 of 9 (1,395 Views)

My scans/copies look EXACTLY like that.

The device worked for a few years (don't remember, maybe I had it for 2 years with VERY light printer use and every lighter scanner/copier use?) - and I suppose that's how long they are designed to last before HP intends for you to spend money on a replacement all-in-one.

Student
GlassKnees
Message 4 of 9 (1,381 Views)

I've run into this problem - it happened tonight. I just replaced a black toner cartridge and tried to photocopy a sheet. Got the thin lines all throughout the document. I tried going through the tools menu to realign the printer - no joy. Then I powered off the printer - even removed the power cord and plugged it back in. After powering up, my next print was fine!

Teacher
Sara_7
Message 5 of 9 (1,362 Views)

Hi,

Check the link below for the solution:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentdocname=c01887471&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USE...

This might help you resolve the issue !!!!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

ALThough I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.

Student
skirep00
Message 6 of 9 (1,165 Views)

Hi,

Iam experiencing the same problem.  I get horizontal lines and black squares when printing or scanning.  I've had my C5180 for a couple of years.  The problem started a week ago, I followed the link suggested in hp support (the same link sited in the response above) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentdocname=c01887471&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USE... ......and the problem was resolved for a few days.  Now I'm having problems again and am having no luck resolving it by this method. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Student
rfwatts
Message 7 of 9 (1,061 Views)

Thanks.  I have been bugged by horizontal lines on both copies and on scans for a couple of years, and finally in desperation tried a global search which led me here.  Never would have thought to remove the USB cable from both the computer and the printer.  Excellent.  Fixed the entire problem.  If it comes back, I may just buy a new USB cable since that seems to be the source of the problem (or maybe the connectors).  Thanks a lot!

Student
JK-6488
Message 8 of 9 (859 Views)

I'm using J6488 printer,when I print via my pc no dark vertical line appears.If put a document on the scanner glass then print a vertical straight line appears.What shall I do ?
Student
rbn41
Message 9 of 9 (616 Views)

lines show on paper when making a copy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation