Question

Honor Student
ilush
Message 1 of 8 (7,322 Views)
Accepted Solution

can't scan to PDF

Hi,

I have a new computer but with the same old printer (HP PSC 1410)

Before, with Windows XP I could scan to PDF, now I have Windows 7 and scanning tool looks different and most important- Doesn't have the option of scanning to PDF !!!

What can I do????

Thanks

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 8 (7,320 Views)

Re: can't scan to PDF

Hi,

Make sure to install the full feature software in order to get all the product features.

Before installing the software, make sure to remove the configured device:

1. Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
  2. Right click the HP PSV 1400 Series icon, select Remove Device.
  3. Unplug the USB cable from the printer.
  4. Reboot your PC.
  5. Install the Full Feature software below:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30219/al-75052-1/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe
    Note: Do not plug the USB before prompted to do so during the software installation.

Scan using HP Solution Center, PDF will appear within the Scan Document options.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Neenie65
Message 3 of 8 (7,296 Views)

I have an HP Officejet 6210 All-in-one and I can't scan to PDF either.  I've removed the icons, unplugged the USB from the printer, rebooted and then plugged in the printer.  And I still can't scan to PDF.  Currently I use Windows Scan & Fax, would I use a different program? 

Thank you.

N

Honor Student
ISLANDBEAR
Message 4 of 8 (6,361 Views)

Is this the same problem as you have? Have you gotten an answer? Here is my post pasted-

When I scan a document as pdf. either to file or to email. The pdf won't open. As a jpeg it's ok, and opens fine (Photosmart 6510)

Student
Dr345
Message 5 of 8 (3,360 Views)

I new computer with the same printer HP Officejet 4500 all in one.  Had Windows Vista before and just had to hit the scan button but could also scan to PDF.  Now with Windows 7 I am using the Windows Scan and Fax - which I don't really like cause it's just different, but more importantly is does NOT have the PDF option of file type!!!

Please help!  Thanks,

Honor Student
sewinggigi
Message 6 of 8 (1,294 Views)

I tried what you suggested and reiinstalled from the link you provided.  It still won't allow me to scan to a 

pdf.  I do have the disc that I used on my old XP.  Maybe I need to install from that?  This is frustrating.

Any ideas?  I am running Windows 8.1.

Student
forrestvale
Message 7 of 8 (1,206 Views)

I have a PCS2210 all in one and I cannot scan to PDF either.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and all accompanying software, but I still can't find anything that allows me to scan to pdf.  jpeg works just fine, so everything I scan (documents etc) go through as photos.  Please help, I am getting very frustrated.

Student
blackjeeep
Message 8 of 8 (1,061 Views)

I have an HP Deskjet 3050 J610 and ever since I moved from Windows XP to 8.1 it won't give me the option to scan to PDF. The scanner is useless without that feature. Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation