10-22-2011 02:59 PM
Have you installed to Full Software for your product?
If the software is installed, please clarify any specific error message or behaviour you may see.
As well, it could help to know which method you are scanning (e.g. by clicking the printer scan button, from HP Solution Center).
I assume your operating system is Windows7, please clarify otherwise.
(You may locate it by accessing Control Panel > System).
If you are using Windows7 and the full software is not installed, try the following steps:
Access Control Panel > Devices and Printer
Right-click the printer icon, then click Remove Device.
Once the printer no longer appear, unplug the USB cable from your printer.
Download and install the Full Feature Software below,:
Follow the steps and plug the USB cable when being prompted to do so.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers