Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
color laser jet pro mfp m477fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought the color laser jet pro mfp m477fnw.  I have not been able to figure out how to save a file as a pdf.  I scan many contracts and can not save them as jpeg or tiff to work with my other software programs.  Please advise how to change this setting.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Having same issue.  One of the optios in scan menu is "Scan to Computer"  When this is selected and I scan,  every thing works well except the default format is .jpg    I need the output in PDF format.  When I scan to a USB drive, it works well with the putput coming as a pdf, but it is inconvenient to scan to USB drive, remove, put in computer, transfer to computer.  I have searched the menus on the M477 with no luck in finding where this can be set.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi   For Windows.

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Make searchable PDF scans for free with this scanning software -   https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

HP Recommended

I finally got around to installing that software.  It is similar to the software that came with the computer and does allow scanning to a PDF from the computer.  However, I need to scan from the m477 TO the computer.  The computer and HP mfp m477 are quite far apart and the “Scan to computer” or “scan to network folder” options on the scanner display are what I want to do.  However, as I mentioned, the output is always a .JPG and not a PDF.  My previous printer was an Officejet 8600 and it did the job very well.  I am hoping there is a scanner setting that I am missing to set the default output as PDF.

HP Recommended

Same problem. I have the MFP M77fnw and am unable to scan and save a document in pdf format. The software only allows scanned documents to be saved as jpeg, tiff, etc. NOT pdf. This issue needs to be fixed! Every other printer I've had always has the option to scan to pdf. What's the deal?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.