HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-12-2010 01:09 PM - edited 03-12-2010 01:11 PM
If I connect a 6350 scanner to my network and assign it a dedicated ip -
1) if the software is installed on a workstation - will it trigger when the scan is initiated?
2) If yes to above - what happens if software is installed on two workstations - will both fire when scan is initiated?
3) want to confirm that 6350 will scan to PDF format.
Basically what I want - connect scanner to network and have it be available to several workstations so that when user puts document in scanner the software pops up on the correct computer.
Hope that makes sense. System is MS Server 2003 and XP workstations.
03-12-2010 03:57 PM
I'll try to answer your questions.
I would recommend configuring your printer with a static (dedicated) ip address. There are less problems with the software trying to discover the printer when it's always at the same IP address.
1) Yes it will trigger a scan.
2) It will ask you which workstation do you want to do the scanning on.
I don't know if MS Server 2003 is a supported OS for the 6350.
03-12-2010 04:19 PM
ok that makes sense. I have found out that the software does not support MSS2003 but that's not a problem.
So if I had the N6350 connected to the network via a switch, with a static IP, and had the software installed on 3 workstations:
1) at the scanner, I could initiate a scan and it would ask which workstation?
2) Start the software from the workstation and connect and initiate the scan from there?