Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 6830e
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

scanner light of officejet pro 6830e flashes continuously. I see so many comments but is the final answer the one from the hp expert who says it is a defect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks.i was told by tech support that this is normal. It is in a " ready" state. My daughter has the exact same one and it also flashes. I might try the reboot just for the heck of it. Appreciate the effort..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @BELINSKI,

I understand that the scanner light under the cover is continuously flashing. I would like to help you. This is the first time I am seeing this issue.

I wasn't sure what steps you have already tried, so I am including all the relevant ones to try.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware. HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Have a nice day! Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks.i was told by tech support that this is normal. It is in a " ready" state. My daughter has the exact same one and it also flashes. I might try the reboot just for the heck of it. Appreciate the effort..
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.