04-09-2012 12:34 AM
Has any one solved the problem of getting a hp scanjet 5400c to work with windows 7 ( i am 64 bit). i tried to run as administrator and it just said " Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found)"
any help would be gratefully appreciated.
04-09-2012 01:06 AM
I am sorry to inform you the HP Scanjet 5400C is compatible with older operating system only, up to Windows XP.
Additionally, the product supported by 32-bit OS only of the OS, therefore I cannot think of any possible workaround by using HP Sfoftware.
The only possible workaround may be to use any 3rd party software.
The VueScan as example should support this model and support 64-bit envoirnment as well.
You may find additional information below:
Hope that helps,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
04-09-2012 02:54 AM
i have tried the third party software and still the computer does not see the scanner.
The computer makes a lovely noise when i plug in or uplug the scanner.
however it can not be inialised and both HP and VueScan say they cannot see the scanner.
very disspointing as i am sure i am not alone.
i will use the camera on my iphone and email pictures of documents to my self now. Pity that i will not retrieve the 4 hours of my life to solve this problem.
04-29-2012 09:29 PM
Like a lot of people I have expended WAY too many hours on this problem to no avail. I keep my old laptop which I upgraded to W7 32 bit just for the 5400c scanner which is real nice piece of hardware. So it is the 64 bit that is the problem, not the windoes Vista or 7.
But, like a lot of people I will NEVER buy HP again. An additional reason is that they don't let you refill your printer cartridges. Rasberries to them!
04-07-2014 05:38 AM
I know that the last post was 2 years ago. But, I received this scanner from a friend. (lol) Anyway, I have an old 32 bit W7 computer. Am I understanding that if my computer is 32 bit, it will work with the 3rd party driver?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers