Question

Honor Student
NancyOK
Message 1 of 41 (1,824 Views)

HP website says you get 20 inbound and 20 outbound pages a month with eFax. I talked to someone from eFax and was told I can't send faxes can only get 20 pages a month in faxes and if I went over that my account would be shut down for good. Chat online with HP and was told to call their support number. Did that and was told I could only fax 10 pages inbound and 10 pages outbound a month. I like to know which is it. Who wants to buy a printer and not know for sure how many faxes they can send and get a month.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 41 (1,821 Views)

Hi NancyOK,

With the new printer the customer has a total of 20 faxes before they are required to setup an account with efax. The 20 faxes include outgoing & incoming faxes. If you would like to continue using the eFax service you will need to setup an account with eFax at the following address. Let me know if you need additional assistance.

http://www.efax.com/efax-signup/fax-numbers

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
NancyOK
Message 3 of 41 (1,818 Views)

Is this 20 faxes (not pages) or a total of 20 pages inbound and outbound?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 41 (1,816 Views)

Hi NancyOK,

This would be 20 faxes inbound and outbound as long as the pages are all sent on the same call event.

I am an HP employee.

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 5 of 41 (1,795 Views)

The eFax service that comes with select HP ePrinters offers a free account when signing up through the front panel of the printer.

The free account allows for 20 pages sending and 20 Pages receiving, per month.  Also, if you choose "Fine Resolution", that will count as 2 pages received. This information is directly according to eFax.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 41 (1,782 Views)

Hi NancyOK,

Check out the following link for additional information about eFax.

You will receive 20 incoming and 20 outgoing fax pages per month for free with this service.

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help#efax

I am an HP employee.

Student
Shirkophobe
Message 7 of 41 (1,766 Views)

Hi, 

I have a Photosmart 7510. I attempted several times to register for e-fax through the front panel. Each time I got a "Registration unsuccessful" message telling me to check if I was connected to the internet, which I am. All my other apps connect online flawlessly. I do not want to register from a pc with e-fax because they require me to give out credit card information. All I want is to fax a few documents. Please help, thanks!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 41 (1,757 Views)

HI Shirkophobe,

Follow the steps below to cycle devices

1. Turn off your router

2. Turn off the printer

3. Wait about a minute, and then power on the router

4. Turn on the printer once the router has fully rebooted

Let me know if you still have the same issue.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
tbarret79
Message 9 of 41 (1,714 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the previous poster.  I followed your advice and power cycled everything, however I am still unable to register via my printer panel.  The printer is definitely connected to the internet because other apps are able to connect.  Please help.  Thanks!

Honor Student
tbarret79
Message 10 of 41 (1,713 Views)

I neglected to mention that I have an HP ENVY.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation