Question

Honor Student
photoartz
Message 1 of 4 (1,237 Views)

error message when scanning from HP Officejet 6500

I can't seem to complete a scan and keep getting the message "Failed to create file\Scan0001.tif"   Any suggestions?  Thx

Tutor
bsravi_shankar
Message 2 of 4 (1,231 Views)

Re: error message when scanning from HP Officejet 6500

Hi,

We wanted to know what type of scanning you are doing,

Is it?

1> Scan to memory card?

2> Scan to PC.

3> Is scanning is through ADF or Flat Beb?

Can you try the following:

1> In the driver software go to setting and click on scan a document/ scan a photo option in HP solution center software !.

2> And try scanning the document/photo and know the result on PC

3> you can also... go to Micro soft Word and use the scan from printer option and see whether the scan is completed !.

try this and let me know the result:

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Honor Student
photoartz
Message 3 of 4 (1,223 Views)

Hello Ravi

Thanks for your quick reply.   To answer your questions: I'm using the flatbed, I'm trying to scan to the PC.   The document will scan and look like it's being sent to the computer but when it's all done, I get the error message. 

Tutor
bsravi_shankar
Message 4 of 4 (1,162 Views)

Hi,,

Okay Scan to PC  can be done in two way.

1> using USB connection.

For this you need to run HP solution center and there select the printer and use the button 'Scan Document' or "scan image' option and this would initiate the scan activity from flat bed/adf and then shows the preview of the scanned copy. Once you press "Done/Finish" button then it actually stores the scanned image/document to predefined path in myDocument folder.  Solution center software is available in HP website along with driver's full version.

2> using LAN connection. 

For this, firstly you need to get the IP address of the printer. Got to Internet explore or mozilla and then "//x_x_IP_address' you have noted down from printer. This would lanunch a application called EWS for the printer.

In this there is feature called 'Network Folder Setup' or 'Digi Filing Setup' , chose this tab. And then you will have to "Add network folder Entry' stating you PC name and then a shared folder adddress. Make sure you shared folder should have writ permisstion for the login user details you enter during this tab operation.

in above these two ways you can scan to PC easily.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation