07-14-2010 08:40 AM
the paper is under cartridges when the orange lite comes on with the false error message and after the cancel button is pushed the blank page of paper is discharged out without print. will not print a test page or copy.
10-27-2010 08:51 AM
My printer was fine just stopped working one day. Even though it is full of paper, it says it is out of paper, and after a while I get a message saying that the printer has cancelled printing and shoots paper out.
In an effort to print, when it is printing it sounds like it is getting ready to print, and then the error comes up saying that it is out of paper. It will not print a test page, and I have done all the things I was told to do as a resolution. I have only had this printer 3-4 months.
04-09-2011 12:11 PM
I had the same problem after replacing the ink cartridges the last time. After probing for a while I noticed a small brush strip with green adhesive on the back dangling underneath a black plastic assembly just to the right of the rightmost print cartridge. I thought that might be blocking the beam that is used to determine if paper has been advanced under the print head. I removed this using a small blade screwdriver. Problem solved.
It doesn't make sense to me that this strip being out of place and obstructing a light beam would be misinterpreted as "lack" of paper, but that's what I conclude.
Eventually I replaced the green adhesive brush strip by pushing it up into the little well immediately to the right of the rightmost print cartridge leaving the black plastic beam assembly clear ; have to feel for this as it isn't visible from the top. When properly inserted it should not be visible from the top. The printer is now working normally, but the green adhesive brush strip gets loose again it's going in the trash.
06-06-2011 08:46 PM
I also had this Out of Paper problem. The green adhesive brush was my problem too.. Locate on the right side of the black cartridge. It was hanging down, I completely removed it, then did a Self Test and it worked fine. This little strip of brushes just about caused a baseball bat from hitting the ALL-in-One HP printer.. HP--Please Use some glue..
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers